The ICOM IC-SAT100M PTT Satellite Mobile Radio is the world’s first satellite PTT mobile radio, which can be used as a base station in a building or installed in vehicles/vessels. It complements the existing handheld variant (ICOM IC-SAT100 PTT Satellite Radio) and, like the handheld version, works seamlessly with other Iridium Satellite PTT radios (such as Iridium Extreme® PTT).
The ICOM IC-SAT100M operates via SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk), which is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there is no mobile phone or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, satellite PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks. Additionally, unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100M users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talk group, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
The ICOM IC-SAT100M PTT Satellite Mobile Radio offers the following key features:
- Designed to be used either in-building or installed in vehicles/vessels
- Utilises Iridium satellite network for global PTT coverage
- Power supply capability over Ethernet from the main unit to supplied antenna
- 12-24 volts; connections for power + ignition
- Supports antenna cable length up to c. 100 metres
- IP67 waterproofing and dust-tight protection
- Built-in Emergency Key - an easy to find button can be used for emergencies; allowing transmission of an emergency call to pre-programmed users.
- Powerful Audio - 1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
- Secure Communications - provides secure conversations with AES 256-bit encryption.
Other features include:
- Voice Recording function
- Built-in Bluetooth capability
- Short Data Messaging Facility
- Multiple language display (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
- Integrated GPS receiver shows position information on the display
The ICOM IC-SAT100M PTT Satellite Mobile Radio is quick and easy to set up via the existing Iridium® Command Center and continues to support up to 15 talk groups. Talkgroups can be shared enabling global interoperability among users, even when using different Iridium® PTT handsets.
This solution can support users to rapidly deploy a dependable communication solution where it is required most, from Public Safety, Military, Industrial, Maritime and Aviation needs to NGOs and other humanitarian or natural disaster applications.
Furthermore, due to its simplicity and ability to support quick deployment, Iridium® PTT can be applied anywhere where reliable mass communication is needed (example: races, parades etc.) and Satellite PTT can also provide redundancy to your existing systems.
You can install the IC-SAT100M and the antenna with just a LAN cable (Maximum 100 m, 328 ft).
By attaching the antenna on the vehicle/vessel roof, you can use the radio in a vehicle. The IC-SAT100M has Bluetooth® capability and allows hands-free operation while driving (third party accessory required).
In the box:
- Main unit
- Multi-functional speaker-microphone
- Antenna (with RF unit)
- DC power cable
- LAN cable (20 m, 65.6 ft)
- Mobile bracket