The GSP-1720 satellite data and voice module enables full two-way data and voice capability, allowing the development of new and creative tracking and monitor & control applications to full-featured fixed telephone service for remote areas.
For Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications, the GSP-1720 Satellite Data/Voice Module (SDVM) can provide either Direct or Dial-up Internet as well as asynchronous computer to computer connectivity. These options provide communications with land and marine-based equipment, while complementing mobile and stationary field solutions.
Mobile or stationary, the GSP-1720 helps you monitor, control or track assets remotely through the Globalstar satellite network – affordably and with low-power requirements.
Designed for multiple applications, the GSP-1720 Module offers a flexible solution for the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), as well as providing a developer's kit for accelerated time to market. Developer's cables still available for an additional $125
- Applications SCADA
- Remote Monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring
- Process Control
- Remote Diagnostics
Satellite Data/Voice Module Features
- Globalstar Satellite Data Service
- Globalstar Satellite Voice Service
- Direct Internet or Direct Dial-up Circuit Switched Data
- 9.6 kbps full duplex service (express data available up to 19 kbps)
- Utilizes standard and enhanced "Hayes Modem" AT commands
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/NT/ME/Vista
- Dial-up networking, Asynchronous data communications static IP
- Short Messaging Service (SMS): 35 character incoming
- Crystal clear voice quality: Superior CDMA digital satellite quality
- Automatic system select: Just apply power to the unit and your Globalstar module will automatically seek out the Globalstar network.
- The Satellite Data Voice Module (SDVM) OEM board
Choose from three antenna forms in either passive or active versions that allow for remote antenna installations.
- Optional Accessories (not included) – RF antenna cables. Power Supply & multi-mode data/power cable no longer available.
Transmit: 1610 - 1625 MHz
Receive: 2484-2499 MHz
Maximum Transmit Power
Passive antenna: +26 dBm (400 mW)
Active antenna: +29 dBm (800 mW)
DC Input Voltage +4.7 V to +5.1 V (7.0 V optional for active antenna)
Power Consumption Estimates @ 12V Input:
User Ports 22 pin Molex connector with pin-outs for data port, auxillary port (control/NEMA), audio and power.
USB-B connector for data and diagnostics connectivity.
Module Antenna Connectors: TX SMA female, RX SMA Male
Passive: TX SMA Female, RX SMA Female
Active: TX SMA male, RX SMA female, Diagnostic Monitor and Software Upgrade USB-B Connector
Module Dimensions: 4.7 in (119 mm) x 2.4 in (65 mm) x 0.59 in (15 mm)
Module Weight: less than 2.15 ounces (60 grams)
Certificaiton FCC, ETSI, IC
Module Environmental Conditionsn Operating: -22 to +140ºF (-30 to +60ºC)
Storage: -40 to +185ºF (-40 to +85ºC)
Coverage may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice.